Part 2: What is Holistic Massage
This section will define Holistic Massage as it is used in Art of Holistic Massage (AOHMassage). You will be introduced to the elements that we use to create a plan for treatment in our office including forms to support your practice. We discuss who you are and what you bring to the table in becoming a Holistic Practitioner. You will be given several meditations to try and many other self-care ideas to support yourself in the lifestyle of a massage therapist.
Learning Objectives Part Two: What Is Holistic Massage?
- The learner will identify the key concepts of The Five Elements from John Garvey’s Five Phases of Food in order to discern a client’s constitution and dilemma.
- The learner will establish and deepen her rapport and partnership with clients, by developing a client intake style, and by offering clients Why Massage? and Preparing for a Massage handouts.
- The learner will write entries in an Awareness Journal as part of self-care and practitioner sensory development.
- The learner will identify the important qualities of Chakras and Chakra Tai Chi.
- The learner will be able to practice Chakra Tai Chi while watching the instructional video.
- The learner will bring some of the movements of Chakra Tai Chi to the massage table to achieve balance and grace while implementing massage.
- The learner will practice the methods in the Self-Care Energy Massage Video.
- The learner will refer to the Energy Massage Manual when practicing Self-Care Energy Massage.
- The learner will be able to describe the meridian flows by practicing the Energy Massage.
- The learner will trace her own meridians using the methods demonstrated in the Meridian Flow video.
- The learner will develop a personal self- care educational plan after reviewing the options for self-care classes.
- The learner will identify the main techniques and reasons to perform Indian Baby Massage.
The learner will be able to distinguish the realm of the Holistic Practitioner.
- The Learner will be encouraged to develop qualities of a Holistic Practitioner by identifying his talents and the road to success.
- The learner will experience coming from a non-doing place by using The Pyramid Meditation and elements of Chakra Tai Chi.
- The learner will develop a self-care plan.
4 CE’s will be awarded upon completion.
$60.00Add to cart
* This class is a prerequisite to Part 3: Principles of Energy. The full series of 6 parts is a prerequisite to attending the full Art of Holistic Massage live training program.
In this section you will learn about the qualities of energy and it’s existence and impact on our lives. Qi, Yin & Yang, Five Elements and their importance in the nature of things is discussed. You will be introduced to the Chakra Energy System and see illustrations of it as it relates to the body. You will learn about different aspects of each chakra, where it is and how it effects your development. You will practice Chakra Tai Chi (given the printed information as well as a few available videos) in order to achieve the balance and stance required for a smooth and graceful flowing movement during your massage practice. Some of the characteristics of Meridians will be discussed as they pertain to holistic massage. You will be encouraged to trace meridians on yourself and others developing your awareness of energy flows and qualities that make themselves known by therapist as well as client. You will be introduced to the Meridian Clock. You will learn some common terms used with regard to Chinese Medicine and Meridians that can be useful in your reading and practice.
Learner Objectives Part 3 Principles of Energy:
- The learner will describe the movement and some qualities of Energy as demonstrated by The Energy Ball.
- The learner will describe the most important qualities of Energy, Meridians & Chakras, and The Five Elements.
- The learner will be able to practice and demonstrate Chakra Tai.
- The learner will reflect on her experiences in an Awareness Journal after each Chakra Tai Chi or Meditation session, thus establishing an Awareness Journaling practice.
- The learner will distinguish the differences between Yin and Yang characteristics of energy in nature and in the body.
- The learner will identify meridians and their optimal times of operation on a Meridian Clock Form.
- The learner will be able to describe Meridian Massage techniques for self-care.
- The learner will be able to trace her meridians and make notes of meridian health in an Awareness Journal.
- The learner will define Common Terms used in Chinese Medicine and Meridian Massage.
4.5 CE’s will be awarded upon completion.
$70.00Add to cart
*This course is a prerequisite to Part 4: Principles of Touch and to the live AOHMassage 1 Class
From Soul Lightening International Acupressure. Simple, traditional Tai Chi Movements Paired with Chakra Consciousness. Clearing, Energizing, Strengthening. Video Available www.soullightening.com
Class CE: 2 CE’s
Dates/Times: Sat September 21, 2019 10 AM
Chakra Tai Chi is a 20 minute exercise with movements taken from traditional Tai Chi, Chakra Tai Chi was developed by Dr Raheem for her students as a means to clear and energize themselves, as well as to monitor their energetic and conscious development. Although simple, Chakra Tai Chi is very energizing and clarifying. It can be used by anyone as a self-help tool. It can be used as a regular practice for clearing , energizing, and strengthening your chakra energies, as well as for reading and developing your conscious alignment with your full potential. Developmental correspondences with each of the seven traditional chakras and one additional one from root to crown is explained. The easy but strong Tai Chi movements are demonstrated as they relate to each chakra. Then you are shown how to bring all the movements together as a body/mind/soul exercise for health and consciousness development.
Horizon Beach, Venetian Village, 1mile south Park Shore Drive, Naples FL
Register for Class
Derived from the curriculum of Art of Holistic Massage (AOHMassage). Meridian Massage is a 3 hour Program including: An Introduction to the Meridian Energy System of the Body and Self-Care Technique
CEU: 3 CE’s
Cost: Members Only
A Manual & Video is included.
Simple Movements To Clear, Open and Strengthen The Energy of Body, Mind, and Spirit.
A wonderful Self-Help opportunity for anyone!
Acupressure Protocol that addresses Flu & Chronic Fatigue. Anyone can learn.
Continuing Education contact hours are available for select courses (*) provided through Soul Lightening International. For more information about CE contact hours for Massage Therapy (NCBTMB), Acupuncture & Asian Bodywork therapy (NCCAOM), or Nursing (AHNA/ANCC) visit www.soullightening.com.
CE: 7 CE’s NCBTMB and FL
Dates/Times: TBA 9am-5pm Eastern US time